Pyrocachers Rambles

The ramblings of Dave-Mancunian Pyrocacher, Husband & carer, Father of 2, and a addicted Geocacher. Ramblings about Life- caching-and everything!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

My first cache event Attended since becoming a GC Reviewer

And oh boy did I have butterfly's. As I was not sure what sort of welcome I'd receive. Well what can I say, but thank you to everyone who attended for the warm welcome, congratulations and support of all of you And of course Hazel ,upps I haven't told you which event yet. Sorry! it was "The Big Move Cache Event by Hazels". As I was saying Hazel put me on the spot by asking me to make the draw for a raffle, with a ready to go cache and unregistered Geocoins as prizes. Our prize winning champion Dawn from Browni was barred from taking part, with much light hearted ribbing (the poor lass went red), hubby Ian managed to win twice, but fair play to them they insisted that I draw another ticket for that prize (which as there was still a geocoin up for grabs was a extremely special gesture). The night went brilliantly for Hazel, though I'm not speaking to her now (only joking), Hazel was in possession of Mandy's (Us 4 and Jess) Alphabetical Posting TB. with me as the next mug (sorry recipient) on the list. The topic set for me famous film stars, help I haven't a clue. A bit of Googling (what we do without Google?) got me the Names for all but 4 letters. So I guess I and google did not do too bad.

As for the Reviewing front, I've broken my duck and published caches, with the recipient of the very first one I published, bragging about it on the UK GC forums. As it was kept light hearted, Lactodorum felt no need to close it down (I haven't been made a forum moderator yet, but even if I had. As the thread involved me, I could have only watched from the sidelines). And Then I had Mandy on, playfully teasing and a bit of friendly bragging about how it had only taken me 14 minutes to publish her cache (and she reckons it will down to less than 9 minutes next time). I just happened to be working in the queue when Mandy submitted hers and dealt with those above her on the list before looking at hers (every cache is seen in the order it is in the queue, no favourites). When I come to submit any of my own, I'll give Lactodorum and Eckington (he should be back reviewing by then) a heads up before submitting it. Why so they can leave it to last when dealing with the queue, which is only fair. I can review my own, but feel that it should be someone independent so as to spot any mistakes I make.What did come out of the topic is a link to what looks like a useful tool for cache placers Check List the author has been recieving feed back from other GC reviewers, so it should progress really well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home