Pyrocachers Rambles

The ramblings of Dave-Mancunian Pyrocacher, Husband & carer, Father of 2, and a addicted Geocacher. Ramblings about Life- caching-and everything!

Monday, February 06, 2006

Ninety Quid!!

Yepp that's what the car cost me today! As you will know the car packed up over the weekend, and I wasn't able to get a Auto electrician out until today. Two hours and ten minutes later the car was fixed. It turned out that one of the cables in the ignition circuit had been rubbing against a metal part. The insulation finally wore though, causing a short circuit. Unfortunately it was located at the back of the engine, hidden under some pipes. Well the electrician had panels off and wires disconnected before he finally found the problem. Once fixed, and the fuse replaced the car was up and running. Nette decided to re-connect the stereo, which I'd disconnected, just in case that was causing the problem. Unfortunately what she hadn't realised was that the power lead to the stereo had pulled out of the socket. Which when she put the stereo back in, caused the power lead to touch a metal part blowing the fuse. So now I've got to pick up another fuse.

Tomorrow we're all in Prestatyn for medicals for the Access scheme. This will give us a pass allowing us free access to several activity's, including swimming and Ti Chi for 12 weeks. This should help me with my diabetes. Yes that's right, I was diagnosed with it, just before Christmas, it's still not under full control, as the nurse and doctor have both told me, it's a slow gentle process to insure that my sugar levels don't drop too far and I go into a Hypo. The hardest part is making sure I eat 3 proper meals a day, not the Snacking on junk, which I thought it was going to be. Funnily I'm not realy missing having junk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home