Pyrocachers Rambles

The ramblings of Dave-Mancunian Pyrocacher, Husband & carer, Father of 2, and a addicted Geocacher. Ramblings about Life- caching-and everything!

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Frightened Yelp to start the day!

Well you might have remembered me mentioning our poodle Trixie (4PawDrive). As I was sat at the computer, she was lay in the dog basket, which is located next to the computer desk. When all of a sudden she sat up whilst admitting a "frightened yelp", as this was about 12:45 in the morning, it frightened the S***T out of me.

At first I thought she'd had a bad dream, but when I picked her up,she was trembling. At first I could not find anything wrong with her, and was starting to worry, but then it struck me, she would not move her back leg. Well time to take her into the bedroom and get Nette to have a look at her, the muscles in her back leg were knotted up, and she could not straighten her back leg, and the other was slightly Knotted as well. Ten minutes of massage later (lucky Girl) and the muscles had loosened enough for her to be able walk, time to get her walking around, so out with the bone, to incurage her to move. Well not being daft, she kept siting down, which was easing the pain, but doing nothing to loosen the muscles. Right time for plan "W" (you know that magic word all dogs recognize), so we throw some clothes over our nite wear, and jump into the car, and head off to the beach.

Unfortunately the Sea was coming over the wall, the winds were blowing it over, luckily there is a pitch and putt, next to the beach, on the other side of a sand dune. So we parked up here, and out I got (notice the word I)with Trixie, a few minutes later and the exercise seemed to be doing good, right time to get back into the car to warm up, while Trixie continued her constitutional. Whats this I'm locked out, and its freezing. If you had been paying attention, I mentioned "We" when mentioning puting on clothes, yes thats right Nette was with me, and had locked the door, because of were we were and the fact that there are no lights there. After knocking on the Door, she finally opened it, I happened to look out across the links, as I had left the car headlights on full beam, I was able to spot a couple of rabbits shot across into the sand dunes, Trixie did not spot them and was upset when I told her that there had been rabbits (one of her regular walks is Talacre Dunes, which are riddled with rabbits), and her favorite past time apart from chasing Smudge the Cat is chasing rabbits (she never catches any, they are to crafty for her, and taunt her by waiting to the last second, before disappearing into a run or burrow). So when we got back it was 01:45, and time for bed.

As my son has been complaining, that the pains have been getting worse (he suffers from CFS [Chronic Fatigue Syndrome] which is also known as ME), Nette got him in to see the Doctor (who is brilliant). Result He has been put on Cod liver Oil Capsules, which research seems to indicate might help, I had to joke that it all seemed a bit "Fishy". But Nette had payback ready for me, she'd only booked me and our Daughter in for the Flue Jab. Hell has no fury as a woman scorned in love, or who knows full well my warped sense of humor!

Mark text us this afternoon to tell us that the LNB had arrived, what a quick service, and many thanks are due to him for helping us out.

On a lighter note, Eckington, and Lacktodorum have changed their minds aout resigning from GC, so stability will return to the UK GC, community. Unfortunatly even though I welcome the news, I feel unable to make any posts on there, but I'm lurking, just picking which topics I'm reading.

I spent the evening chating in one of the G:UK chat rooms, regarding our own listing site,several good ideas have come out of it, And I am acting as front man for the idea, I have a couple of threads to post on G:UK, in the .Discusions on UK listing Site section, especialy created by Dego. The result is things are progressing well, and I have a couple of people to contact.I'll post more when I'm able, especialy when firm developments have taken place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home