Pyrocachers Rambles

The ramblings of Dave-Mancunian Pyrocacher, Husband & carer, Father of 2, and a addicted Geocacher. Ramblings about Life- caching-and everything!

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Just for my friends

The Day started of with a early (well for me it was) rise, as I had to take my other half out to do a bit of quick shopping. My eldest whose 15 today had a friend staying last night, and a couple more stooping to nite, so we had to stock up for 4 hungry lads. Back home, and just time for a quick brew, and a glance at my emails, and it was back out again, to pick up the other 2 members of the Horde, as I was taking them to Chester. The first stop, was to park up near Games Workshop, so that the birthday boy could go and get some more WarHammer (for those not in the know ,Warhammer/40K, are both table top wargaming, which involves, asembeling and painting of the game figures, before playing a very complicated game). While they were doing this, I pooped up onto the city walls, to do a fellow cacher a favor, and check on a missing cache (Steps in the wall, GC92F4 by Leek) unfortunately after checking out the location, it was defiantly missing. I had brought a spare cache along with me, as this is a great cache to do, and replaced the missing cache for him, all this whilst avoiding GeoMuggle (non cachers), it was then to go back to the car as the rabble were going to Laser quest (and I hadn't a clue were it was) whilst walking back along the walls (no hints to the cache location) I was scouting out possible Locational caches (this is were you find a location which fits the quest), arrived back at the Eastgate steps off the wall, were the Jubillie clock is, went down the steps on the cathedral side, as I was intending to make a pit stop, at the donut shop next to the steps, five mini donuts for 70p later, and off to the car, were the rabble was waiting! Drove around the ring road to drop them off, it would have been quicker to walk to Laserquest. drooped them off, and back to the Rhodee car park, another walk along the walls, to recheck that I'd replaced the cache so it wasn't visible, and then it was time to go and pick the lads up. They decided that they would like to go to Mc's for a bit to eat. As the Mc's in Chester were chaotic, we ended up at the Mc's on the A55. My eldest the worrier that he is, asked me if I had enough money to get myself something to eat, and then said he'd go last in case the lads were short of money. Full bellies, it was time to head home. When I got home, I was in Major trouble, as I'd left our Trixie at home, she had driven my daughter and other half nuts while I was away (as you can tell she's a daddy's girl). As soon as fings had settled down, I had to go out to the shops, which means a visit to the local town, well of course daddys girl was coming. Our routine on going into town is to take Trixie down to the beach (as you've guessed we live by the sea) for a walk. Parked up at our usual spot, and out I got with daddys girl, and creped down to the beach, you have to remember it was pitch black by now. Well Trixie shot down onto the beach whilst I stood at the edge, 5 minutes later it was time to head home, so I called out to her. All I could hear was the sound of her paws as she ran back up the beach (remember I couldn't see her) going tch,tch,tch! All of a sudden the sound changed to "splash,splash,splash", upps, the tide having not long gone out, she'd cut across a patch of sea water still on the beach! well talk about laugh, she came into sight shaking all four paws, in the way a dog will when it gets involuntary wet, she was soaked! Being a daddys girl, and being so small, she either lays down or sits on my lap when I'm driving. I put her in the car in the foot well with my other half,and got into the car, as I was driving off, my other half let go of her, as she wanted her daddy, result one wet poodle sat in my lap. I said wet? Should have said soaking! Once we got home, it was one wet sorry sandy poodle very unwillingly straight into th shower! After being washed and dried, I finally had time to peruse the G:UK forums, which took me over a hour. Well there's the days Blog done, and why the title? Because one of my friends quired were todays Blog was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home