Pyrocachers Rambles

The ramblings of Dave-Mancunian Pyrocacher, Husband & carer, Father of 2, and a addicted Geocacher. Ramblings about Life- caching-and everything!

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Mud, Black outs, Wrong TB's!

Well the day started of ok, Nette and Stephen accompaned me on a TB rescue mission! So down the A55 we went, and onto the A51, to Barrow of Tar, to collect a TB for a friend, this little TB is a pig, who has the nasty Pig Finder General, after him and his 2 brothers. Getting to Barrow of Tar, involves a walk along footpaths, around the outside of several fields (no cheating and going straight across), and several stiles. After much fun getting Nette over them we got to the cache location, and uncovered the cache, there was a TB which was a pig, eureka mission accomplished.

But oh no! Nette had one of her blackouts(she has a condition were she loses conscious, but doesn't fall down) while Stephen supported her, quickly put the cache back. And we supported her back to the car (she had come around, within a Minuit). Back at the car, and off we set home, with Nette having several more on the way (one of the reasons I'm her carer), unfortunately one of the side affects of the blackouts is short term memory loss, so she could not understand when we got home, why she was all muddy!

Quick wash, and back in bed, for a sleep, and she felt right as rain! Another part of her illness is it can affect her like this. So off we pop to Rhyl to get Nette a pair of boots, as we are going out for a Days caching tommorow with Mark and Joan. Found a pair for only £13, as Nette says, she won't be doing any tough walking, so why buy a dear pair, when those will do.

On trying to leave Rhyl to come home I turned onto the Sea front, but only got as far as Woollies, the Police had blocked off the road! so back the way we had come and through town home.

And I had to go out, and back to theBarrow of Tar to sign the Log book, muddy twice in one day, Trixie has put her paw down, and stated that she's not going o that cache again! Got back to were I'd parked the car, and had to walk past another car, which had a gps in the standard holder (stuck between the dash and windscreen), was this another r cacher? I got Trixie into the car, and the occupant of the car set of in the direction of the cache! I've emailed the cacher who I think it was, and if I get a reply, I will let you know.

The late nite planing session we had choosing the caches for tommorow is now catching up with me, but after tea, back I had to go with Nette, to get some more meat, for the butties. Someone male who won't be named (St***en) had scoffed a whole packet for tea! Back home it was tekkie time with Mark, who was trying to get GSAK (Geocache Swiss Army Knife, a utility program) working.Poor Joan has the patience of a saint, the amount of time Nette and I spend on the phone with them, as she never gets cross with us!

What started of as just doing 6 caches, has ended up with us aiming for 11(?). Nette and Mark just kept adding caches onto the list, this evening! If we manage to do all of them, it will be a personal record for me regarding the No done in a day! Well we've enough food to feed a army, just as well it's a good job, as I can see me eating between caches, to meet this sceduel.

it's late and time for bed, as we have to meet our early birds at Chester services at eight, in the morning, and this time I'm not killing myself trying to get there first, when I'm already beaten!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:56 pm, Blogger Absoblogginlutely! said…

    Hey Dave, if you are still stuck on gsak and need a hand then let me know and if you have broadband (preferable) I have a good remote control/chat (type) program that would enable me to see your screen and give you assistance on what you are trying to do. Its a fantastic program and worth persevering with.
    Neat blog by the way - only just discovered it now.

    Domheknows!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home