Pyrocachers Rambles

The ramblings of Dave-Mancunian Pyrocacher, Husband & carer, Father of 2, and a addicted Geocacher. Ramblings about Life- caching-and everything!

Saturday, February 05, 2005

caches New, Old & Donuts

Saturday arrives, and its cache day. Off we set to Chester, things proceeded fine, until we got near B&Q, then the nagging started. So into B&Q it was, 10 minutes later, out we come with a new pasting table (yes I have got the hint Nette), and off we set again, hey there's Staples, we need a new cartridge for the printer, alright I turned left, no car park entrance? Wrong turn as usual (and yes I can hear Mark & Joan laughing already), another U turn, sound familiar? And the car park was found, Cartridges priced up, no way are we paying that for a Black when we can get a quad pack for less! But whilst I was there, I had a look at the mice, ended picking up a cheep cordless for a tenner (cheep and nasty, but it'll do for now). Ok carry on with the journey, we park next to the Cathedral, and as we needed to do some cache mainanence, as well as find a new one, and replace a archived one! Nette and Stephen went into the near by shops, whilst Stephanie and I went to check on Steps In the Wall which had been reported missing. With Stephanie spotting, I checked, and yep it had defiantly gone, so I replaced it with the new one I had ready.

We Walked back to the car to meet Nette & Stephen, and then back on the Walls to go to find the new cache, Clock Watching, quickly located, retrieving is going to be a problem, plan A, Nette & Stephen go down the stairs near the clock tower, to the Donut stall, for donuts and a drink. Whilst Stephanie bent down to do the shoe lace trick (I had on slip ons), container retrieved we joined them down stairs for donuts and drinks. Time to put it back, Nette went with Stephen to Games Workshop to get some models (Stephens main hobby), whilst I went with Stephanie to replace it. an other shoe tying stop, and it was safely replaced. The four of us meet back up afterwards, we decided to go to M&S cafe for something proper to eat.

Whilst the rest of the family went in, I carried on the walls, to go and replace Shropshire Union Canal GCGCVO, well it was like trying to drive down a high st during a parade, trying to make my way round the walls. Tourists, and lolygaglers! Cache replaced and back to M&S for a cold Sausage casserole, all I can say about it was, I threw it down my neck. We were very quickly back at the car, and straight home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home