Pyrocachers Rambles

The ramblings of Dave-Mancunian Pyrocacher, Husband & carer, Father of 2, and a addicted Geocacher. Ramblings about Life- caching-and everything!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Current Project

Well I got to thinking, the only "physical" cache type I'd yet to create was a Wherigo Cache. So the old brain jumped into gear. So I started doing some research, now I already knew the Official Builder, is like humping a sack of bricks up 20 stories.

So more research, lead me Wherigo\\kit a nice and simple Wherigo Cartridge Creation web site, which just uses picking a location on a map, and writing a few words of description. And best of all, you don't have to do them in order, as you can rearrange the order to suit yourself.

Now luckily I know the terrain where the Wherigo cache will be set, so having created the Stages, and moving the order to suit. Being able to see them on a map, certainly helps.

So the basics locked down, just the location of the container to sort out, and permission of course. It was time to create the Wherigo Cache page on GC.

So during the process, you have to rate the D/T, ok I thought, I'll use GC's rating system. Oh did I mention that I'd measured the rough route of travel on Google Earth.

So using that information and knowledge of the terrain faced, I completed the form.

Surprisingly it came out as a D2/T4

Now came the hard bit. I've just upgraded to a S5, on which I have WhereYouGo App, however a recent update, means that the App will no longer directly download cartridges, the App whe you try tells you to to put the cartridge in a specific folder. Comments on the Net also mentioned this.

Now not having a clue, I'd got a Wherigo Cartridge, I could not test.

So I sat down last night, and decided to see if I could find the Folder. No luck on the phone its self. So I connected the phone to the Lap Top, opened up the Phone on the Lap Top and found the WhereYouGo App file, which on opening was empty. So I had a brain wave, what if I drag the cartridge from the Lap Top, into the folder. So that's what I did.

So time to check to see if it worked, so disconnected the phone from the Lap Top. Open the WhereYouGo App, and eureka there was the cartridge.

Now why couldn't people have just said that.

So now the next stage is to test it out, so fingers crossed it will work ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home