Pyrocachers Rambles

The ramblings of Dave-Mancunian Pyrocacher, Husband & carer, Father of 2, and a addicted Geocacher. Ramblings about Life- caching-and everything!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Honored to have a visitor! But unfortunatly robin did not call!

15:30 and Nette and I were heading toward the car, as I had a dentist appointment, when Nette suddenly said "Look at that! A Bat!" me being the ejit that I am, I was looking for a bat that the next-door kids had thrown into the garden when I suddenly realised that she was actualy talking about a real live Bat! Having never seen a wild Bat before, I just had to go and get the camera to take a photo.

Whilst I was doing this. Our little Grey Sod Pot Smudge the Cat had realised that he/she was there. So we had to keep chasing him away. Smudge is the youngest of our 4 Cats and is a superb hunter. Much to my regret! While I was on Bat security patrol, Nette phoned the vets to see if their was anything we could do. Her advice was that it was probably a youngster, and not to touch it as its mother would abandon it!

Luckily our young visitor decided to fly off to safety, but not before posing for a couple of photos. If you look carefully at the photo, you will see that He/She is look straight into the camera lens.

This visitor certainly had the WoW factor for Nette and I! We had a visit from possibly a Man Bat (Batman) but no Robin. But I do have regular visits from Robin with his little red breast (the bird that is) but not today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home